When we began developing EcoSoya® waxes in 1992, our goal was to create premium, all-natural waxes from renewable resources. Today, each one of our premium soy waxes meets and exceeds those criteria, including our ever-popular EcoSoya CB-Advanced Soy wax.
Designed for use in container candles, EcoSoya CB-Advanced Soy wax produces a beautiful appearance by contracting slightly from the container. It’s highly frost resistant and works extremely well with dyes, resulting in a smooth appearance and consistent color retention.
The smooth, even burn pool and excellent surface remelt of our CB-Advanced Soy wax result in a premium candle that consumers will enjoy using again and again.
Made from 100% natural vegetable and botanical oils, EcoSoya CB-Advanced Soy wax undergoes molecular blueprinting to overcome the natural variations in soy and control polymorphism.
EcoSoya CB-Advanced Soy Wax Specifications
To compare CB-Advanced Soy to other EcoSoya waxes, see our EcoSoya Soy Wax Specifications chart.
|EcoSoya CB-Advanced Soy Specifications||Typical Values|
|Melt Point, Mettler (AOCS, Cc 18-80)||127°F - 132°F (52.8°C - 55.6°C)|
|Needle Penetration (ASTM, D 1321-65, 1/10 mm)||34 to 48|
|Congealing Point (ASTM, D 938-60)||103°F (39.4°C)|
|Viscosity (ASTM, D 445-65 cps)||9 to 11|
|Specific Gravity (ASTM, D 1298-55 @ 190°F [87.8°C])||0.890 to 0.894|
|Color, Red (AOCS,13b-45 Units)||3 max|
|Flash Point (ASTM, D-92)||450°F min (233°C min)|
EcoSoya CB-Advanced Soy Wax Usage
Your customers will love how compatible EcoSoya CB-Advanced Soy wax is with dyes, fragrances, various containers, and even essential oils. With a few simple ingredients, they can create pure, natural, eco-friendly candles that their customers will love. EcoSoya CB-Advanced Soy wax is carefully engineered for use with container candles. You can start with clean containers and jars at ambient temperature – no pre-heating is necessary.
CB-Advanced Soy generally works well with most dyes, including powders, liquids, chips, and blocks.
- To achieve better color depth, use about 30% more dye.
- When adding powder dyes directly to CB-Advanced Soy, heat the wax to 190°F (87.8°C), add the dye, and mix until dissolved.
- When using powder dyes dissolved in fragrance, liquid dyes, color blocks, chips or no dye, heat the wax to 155°F (68.3°C).
- Powder dyes may also be dissolved in fragrances and then added to the melted wax; just be sure that the dye has dissolved completely before adding the mixture to CB-Advanced Soy.
Due to its advanced technology, it is very important to work with the fragrance manufacturer to use scents that are specifically designed for and tested with CB-Advanced Soy. Use the EcoSoya Fragrance Program to give your fragrance supplier the information they need to supply you with the scents that will work perfectly with your CB-Advanced Soy.
- Recommended maximum scent load is about 12%.
- To minimize scent loss, add scent prior to pouring.
- When targeting the pour temperature, accommodate for temperature drop due to the addition of the cooler scent.
- Optimum hot scent throw is achieved with a full diameter burn pool at a depth of ¼ to ½ inch (0.6-1.3cm)
- Some scents may react poorly, causing bleed, objectionable frosting, or poor flame quality. Try a different scent or manufacturer to correct that occurrence, or refer to our Fragrance Program.
- You should use larger wicks with EcoSoya CB-Advanced Soy than you would with paraffin candles.
- Avoid paper-cored, cotton-cored, or metal-cored wicks, because they tend to cause sooting and carbon buildup.
- Properly-wicked candles made with CB-Advanced Soy should achieve a full burn pool of ¼ to ½ inch (0.6-1.3cm) deep from side to side, in approximately the same number of hours as there are inches in the candle’s diameter.
- Test burning to determine proper wicking should be done after the candle has had a chance to set up and cure for 48 hours after pouring.
If you need even more details, please read our EcoSoya CB-Advanced Soy Instructions, and don’t forget to browse our Knowledge Database for technical information on wicking, melting, pouring, cooling, and troubleshooting EcoSoya soy waxes.
Not only does EcoSoya CB-Advanced Soy offer excellent performance with dyes, containers, fragrances, and essential oils, but you can have total confidence in its quality. All of our waxes undergo an average of 75 laboratory tests to assure premium quality and consistency and are 100% vegetable, guaranteed. That’s why EcoSoya is widely known as the #1 soy wax for making candles.
Ready to order CB-Advanced Soy? Find a distributor near you!
For orders over 5,400 lbs/2,500kg (3 full pallets), click here to purchase directly from NGI. Click here for information on becoming an EcoSoya Distributor.